Beautiful meditations especially written for girls, the CD runs for over 73 minutes. Examples include: swimming in the ocean like the little Mermaid, lying on sleeping beauty's bed and looking into the magic mirror. A selection of meditations has been written to help young princesses develop their self-esteem, inner beauty and radiance.
HOW TO USE THIS CD AT HOME
This is often one of the most stressful times in the day. If you could introduce just 2 mins relaxation, it will help set your child on the right track, for a relaxed and positive day.
1. As your child is waking put on one track from the CD and allow them to have a few moments relaxation before they rise.
2. Find time to sit together as a family for 3 mins on the sofa and share a quick relaxation together. This will help your child feel safe and secure.
3. You may like to pick a Star Card or a Mood Card together and share a positive thought for the day. This would take less than a minute and is very unifying.
4. Children could listen to a CD on their headphones on the way to school in the car.
5. If your child appears to be particularly nervous or anxious, allow them to pick a Star Card to help give them courage and strength.
6. Practice breathing exercises together. Take in a deep breath into the tummy and breathe out slowly. This is a simple exercise and can be done on the way to school, in the car or walking.
1. You might like to build a short relaxation session into the home routine after school. Include a snack and the promise of their favourite game or tv show and children are more likely to cooperate.
2. You could put on the Relax Kids DVD and allow children to watch a 3 mins meditation before or after their favourite TV show. Tell children it is only 3 mins so they know what to expect.
3. You could chat about the day over tea or dinner with the whole family. Discuss how the children (and parents) remembered their positive Star Card or kept their positive mood.
4. Practice a simple yoga stretch together to relieve the stress of the day.
5. Offer your child a massage or encourage siblings to massage each other shoulders.
6. 3 mins relaxation before homework, will calm your child, bring clarity and concentration and set the mood for study.
1. Ask your child to lie on their back with their arms by their side and feet and ankles relaxed
2. Play the CD at a comfortable volume
3. Let your child know before playing the track that it is 3-4 mins so they know what to expect.
4. Gently resist the urge to be drawn into conversation while the track plays.
5. Be patient - there may be giggles and fidgets and talking. This is normal as it is a new experience. Continue to model
6. Let the tracks continue if you find that your child is comfortable and relaxed
7. When they are ready, they will naturally move to their favourite sleeping position and drift off to sleep
8. It is a good idea to start on a different track each night
Caution If using headphones: Your child WILL fall asleep while listening. Remove headphones as soon as possible or remain close to supervise any cords.
01 The Little Mermaid
02 Alice In Wonderland
03 Snow White
05 Mary Poppins
06 The Twelve Dancing Princesses
07 The Snow Queen
08 The Princess And The Pea
10 Beauty And The Beast
11 Sleeping Beauty
15 Somewhere Over The Rainbow
16 The Magic Mirror
Running time: 73' 40 "
Age: 3 years plus
All CDs come beautifully packaged in a full colour 8 page cardboard pull-out digi-pack.